Achieving Goals: Do-able Tips To Help Achieve Goals
See the 21 Module training program that helps You “Get Clear, Get Motivated, & Get Started on Achieving Greater Success & Happiness in Life“.
So part of what you want to do, is set out in the following tips, so that achieving goals does not have to be so difficult.
1. You need to be clear about your goals. What behavior do you want to focus on? Think of it as forming a new habit, rather than breaking an old habit.
2. For anything to really set in, you have to repeat the steps over and over again. So make these new habits and activities a part of your daily life.
3. Start with focusing on your top priorities. A few big priorities will make a bigger difference than a number of small ones. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Otherwise you will begin to feel overwhelmed. Start out with baby steps and progress to bigger steps as you feel comfortable and things will go much smoother.
4. Know that you will have ups and downs on your path. There may be days when things are just off, and you feel out of step or not focused. That is okay. Get back on course as soon as you can.
5. Even though there may be off days, overall, be consistent. This way new habits are reinforced quicker. If you do something like exercise, do it each day at the same time. If you do not get it in at that time for some reason, make sure to get it in some time in the day for reinforcement.
6. Reward yourself. There is nothing that says you cannot. Make your progress enjoyable. An example of this is if your goal was to eat healthier and lose 10 pounds, celebrate reaching your goal and the loss of weight with something like going to see a good movie with friends, or a new piece of jewelry, or even a spa day.
7. Consider that you will have consequences if you do not follow up on reaching goals. Make an internal video of things getting worse if you go down the road of not changing. Visualize that when you want to quit, to help you avoid letting go of your goals.
8. Sometimes change or the effort it takes to achieve goals can cause stress. Make a list of the things that can help you de-stress. See my stress busters tips for help.
9. Identify your strengths. What do you like to do, what are you good at? Emphasize those when possible, to make the journey more enjoyable.
10. Keep a good attitude. Monitor your thoughts and feelings for the things that might bring you down. With a happy attitude you can accomplish more.
11. Plan ahead. Living in the moment will not make it easy to reach goals. Starting with the end in mind, write out what you will need to do in order to get there. Then put them in order, along with the actions you need to take and you have a plan!
12. Consult with an expert or consultant, who can guide you and help pull you up when you are feeling down, overwhelmed or lost. They often can give you advice that will short cut the length of time it takes to get where you want to go.
So there you have it, 12 ways to help you in reaching goals by focusing, creating habits and planning ahead. Remember to reward yourself along the way, make the journey of achieving goals enjoyable.
Next, check out the 21 Module training program that helps You “Get Clear, Get Motivated, & Get Started on Achieving Greater Success & Happiness in Life“. It is not too long, so it gets boring, and it is short enough to get your motivated and making changes!